Michael McGregor. Born in Connecticut, raised in New Jersey.
Since then, I’ve lived and worked in Upstate New York, Vermont, Louisiana, Wyoming, Brooklyn, Texas, and Mexico City.
Currently, living and working in Los Angeles, California.
Since 1983, I’ve done a bunch of things, like:
- Created and produced one of the first shows for Pitchfork.TV
- Appeared as an Honorary Judge on a Japanese Design Show
- Managed an email list of over 12 million people
- Released music by Oneohtrix Point Never, Mr. Twin Sister, and more.
- was the first VP of Communications for Kickstarter
- Exhibited paintings in Mexico City
- Advised the Fluxus Foundation
- Published a collection of poems
- Produced a Holiday Pop-Up Store in SoHo
- Co-Founded Pitchfork’s Altered Zones (RIP)
- Served as an expert on archaic technology for MTV Brasil
- Performed in the Sculpture Garden at the Museum of Modern Art (NY)
- Concepted, directed, and launched The Recreationalist for Outdoor Voices
Always down to chat or contribute to cool projects.
HMU at mpmcgregor @ gmail dot com