Michael P. McGregor
Born in 1983 in Fairfield, CT.
Things I've Done:
- Created and produced one of the first shows for Pitchfork.TV
- Appeared as an Honorary Judge on a Japanese Design Show
- Managed an email list of over 12 million people
- Released music by Oneohtrix Point Never, Mr. Twin Sister, and more.
- First ever VP of Communications for Kickstarter
- Exhibited paintings in Mexico City
- Written features for Interview Mag, Document Journal, and The Fader
- Advisor to the Fluxus Foundation
- Published a collection of poems
- Produced a Holiday Pop-Up Store in SoHo
- Founding member and contributor to Pitchfork's experimental music site, Altered Zones (RIP)
- Served as an expert on archaic technology for MTV Brasil
- Performed in the Sculpture Garden at the Museum of Modern Art (NY)
Director of Brand Strategy at Outdoor Voices
In The Media:
TV Tokyo interview on World Business Satellite as spokesperson for Kickstarter
NY Observer on the sociological impact of social networks on friendship
Radio New Zealand on Kickstarter's first year in NZ
Forbes on "Becoming a Start Up"
New York Times on De La Soul, creative independence, and Kickstarter
MTV Brazil interview on obsolete technologies
Wire Magazine on The Report, a bi-annual arts & culture journal
Washington Post on trend forecasting and creative consulting
TV Tokyo special guest judge on the 4,000th episode of Trend Tomago, a Japanese design show
Washington Post on an unlikely influence in Indie Rock
Boston Globe on resurgence of Cassette Tape culture
New York Times Sunday Arts section on the influence DJ Screw
i-D Mexico on my exhibit "After the Weekend" at Pequeños Bribones
Y-Not Magazine on my exhibit, "After the Weekend", in Mexico City
Hyper Animals on the intersection of Life & Art, and my exhibit "After the Weekend"